key stage 4
ART AND DESIGN: GRAPHIC COMMUNICATION (EDUQUAS)
Graphic Communication encourages students to learn and experience new skills in a creative way. They get experiment and work with new styles and mediums. They are set a range of design briefs that they work through, developing a range of different products and outcomes.
Students are provided with an A3 portfolio folder to keep work in and this will often need to be brought home for students to do homework. Students are expected to have their own equipment, pencil, pen, rubber and sharpener.
We will try and provide as many materials as we can for GCSE students, but for coursework many students want to try different ideas, so it is up to the students to obtain the materials.
Students will be able to demonstrate fully their design and technological capability, which requires them to combine skills with knowledge and understanding in order to design and make quality products.
Students will acquire and apply knowledge, skills and understanding through:
- Analysing and evaluating products and processes
- Engaging in focused tasks to develop and demonstrate techniques
- Engaging in strategies for developing ideas, planning and producing products
- Considering how past and present design and technology, relevant to a designing and making context, affects society
- Gaining an awareness of the moral, cultural and environmental issues within Design Technology