Check out the upcoming Apprenticeship events HERE!
How apprenticeships work
Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- be an employee earning a wage and getting holiday pay
- work alongside experienced staff
- gain job-specific skills
- get time for training and study related to your role (at least 20% of your normal working hours)
Apprenticeships take 1 to 5 years to complete depending on their level.
Levels of apprenticeship
Apprenticeships have equivalent educational levels.
|Level||Equivalent educational level|
|Higher||4,5,6 and 7||Foundation degree and above|
|Degree||6 and 7||Bachelor’s or master’s degree|
Higher Level Apprenticeship
Some apprenticeships may also give you an additional qualification, such as a diploma. Click HERE to see some examples of higher level apprenticeships.
Who can start an apprenticeship
To start an apprenticeship, you’ll need to be:
- 16 or over
- living in England
- not in full-time education
- Also check out what Amazing Apprenticeships have to offer: https://amazingapprenticeships.com/
- And Springpod Apprenticeships can be found here: https://www.springpod.com/apprenticeships/opportunities