Catering & Free School Meals
Caterlink Catering at Broadwater School
The Broadwater School are Caterlink. Caterlink cook freshly prepared dishes on site using local and regional suppliers. Caterlink has a “fresh food policy” which guarantees that 90% of the menu offer is freshly prepared on site. They provide healthy and well balanced morning break and lunch menus.
Caterlink is proud of its 'farm to fork' journey which ensures they can trace the origin of the freshly prepared meat dishes to the farm where the animals are reared. All of our suppliers are audited by an external body to ensure that they comply with our and statutory obligations.
Cashless Catering Payments
In order that the service is delivered as efficiently as possible we need to ensure that the cashless system is operating effectively. Students and staff will be required to use the Biometric system for all purchases of food and drinks from the canteen.
Accounts can be credited with money in these ways:
- Payment online using PlusPay - you need to be registered with ParentMailPMX to use this facility. Go to https://pmx.parentmail.co.uk to top up your account.
- By sending a cheque into school, made payable to Caterlink Ltd and placed in the Post Box in the Bistro before 9.30am daily. Please write the full name of the student and the tutor group on the back of the cheque. If the cheque is for more than one student then this must be detailed on the back of the cheque.
- By cash, using the automated cash terminals in the Bistro. Notes and coins (£2, £1, 50p, 20p and 10p) will be accepted.
- If a student is entitled to a free meal, provided proof of entitlement has been seen, credit will be entered onto the system daily. It will be for lunchtime use only and additional money can be added to the account if required.
Any amount of money can be paid into your child’s account and held within the system. Money spent on food will be taken out of the system. Remember it is always possible to check on balances by using the cash terminal in the Bistro.
There is a daily spend limit programmed into the system of £5. It is important to remember that the student is responsible for their account and it will not be possible to purchase food from the canteen without it. This also applies if there is insufficient money on the account.
For any other queries please contact the school.
Free School Meals
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
The number of students eligible for Free School Meals is used as part of the calculation for Broadwater School’s funding from the Department of Education. It is most important that you notify us of eligibility even if you decide not to take up this entitlement to ensure we receive the funding to benefit the children in the school.
To start the process you need to complete a Free School Meal eligibility form (available from the school) and return it to school. This will give us the permission to use the information to check entitlement via a secure government website. There is nothing further for you to do. You should remember that you are responsible for informing the school immediately if you stop receiving one of the qualifying benefits.
In order to qualify for free school meals parents/guardians must be in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) of less than £16,190. (If you receive WORKING TAX CREDIT you do not qualify even if you receive child tax credit and you income is below £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
If you qualify for Free School Meals please request a Free School Meal eligibility form from Reception and return to us as soon as possible. All replies are strictly confidential. Please contact Reception at the school for a form to complete.
Telephone: 01483 414516 or Email: email@example.com