Catering & Free School Meals
Welcome to Caterlink at Broadwater School
Beverley Lock – Operations Manager and Simon Tebbit – Operations Director would like to take this opportunity to thank you for visiting this page on the school website. We hope that you find our menu and themed day menus useful. These will be updated termly.
Our menu may be subject to slight change on occasions
Should you need to discuss any aspect of the day to day service please feel free to contact Chloe in the kitchen. Should a student have any special dietary needs she will also be able to help and advise you.
Our daily menu consists of one main course, a vegetarian option, jacket potatoes with fillings, pasta with sauces and of course salads as well as a selection of savoury and sweet grab and go items.
Sandwiches and filled baguettes and bread rolls are made in our kitchen daily.
We also produce a range of hot and cold desserts as well as offering the students a selection of fresh fruit.
Our menu also features some of our concept days such as Quirky Bird, Mac and Cheese and Mexican Kitchen.
Please click HERE see the current menu which changes termly and our monthly marketing bulletins for further details of all other themed events.
Cashless Catering Payments
In order that the service is delivered as efficiently as possible we need to ensure that the cashless system is operating effectively. Students and staff will be required to use the Biometric system for all purchases of food and drinks from the canteen.
Accounts can be credited with money in these ways:
- Payment online using PlusPay - you need to be registered with ParentMailPMX to use this facility. Go to https://pmx.parentmail.co.uk to top up your account.
- By sending a cheque into school, made payable to Caterlink Ltd and placed in the Post Box in the Bistro before 9.30am daily. Please write the full name of the student and the tutor group on the back of the cheque. If the cheque is for more than one student then this must be detailed on the back of the cheque.
- By cash, using the automated cash terminals in the Bistro. Notes and coins (£2, £1, 50p, 20p and 10p) will be accepted.
- If a student is entitled to a free meal, provided proof of entitlement has been seen, credit will be entered onto the system daily. It will be for lunchtime use only and additional money can be added to the account if required.
Any amount of money can be paid into your child’s account and held within the system. Money spent on food will be taken out of the system. Remember it is always possible to check on balances by using the cash terminal in the Bistro.
There is a daily spend limit programmed into the system of £5. It is important to remember that the student is responsible for their account and it will not be possible to purchase food from the canteen without it. This also applies if there is insufficient money on the account.
For any other queries please contact the school.
Free School Meals
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
The number of students eligible for Free School Meals is used as part of the calculation for Broadwater School’s funding from the Department of Education. It is most important that you notify us of eligibility even if you decide not to take up this entitlement to ensure we receive the funding to benefit the children in the school.
To start the process you need to complete a Free School Meal eligibility form (available from the school) and return it to school. This will give us the permission to use the information to check entitlement via a secure government website. There is nothing further for you to do. You should remember that you are responsible for informing the school immediately if you stop receiving one of the qualifying benefits.
Eligibility criteria for free school meals – Updated April 2018
Who is eligible for free school meals?
Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
In addition, the following pupils will be protected against losing their free school meals as follows:
From 1 April 2018, all existing free school meals claimants will continue to receive free school meals whilst Universal Credit is rolled out. This will apply even if their earnings rise above the new threshold during that time.
In addition, any child gaining eligibility for free school meals after 1 April 2018 will be protected against losing free school meals during the Universal Credit rollout period.
Once Universal Credit is fully rolled out, any existing claimants that no longer meet the eligibility criteria at that point (because they are earning above the threshold or are no longer a recipient of Universal Credit) will continue to receive free school meals until the end of their current phase of education (i.e. primary or secondary).
The Universal Credit rollout is currently expected to complete in March 2022.
If you qualify for Free School Meals please request a Free School Meal eligibility form from Reception and return to us as soon as possible. All replies are strictly confidential. Please contact Reception at the school for a form to complete.
Telephone: 01483 414516 or Email: email@example.com
|Cold Snacks.pdf||06th Sep 2015||Download|
|Hot Meals.pdf||06th Sep 2015||Download|
|Hot Snacks.pdf||06th Sep 2015||Download|
|Caterlink - Bistro Tariffs - Sept 2018||23rd Oct 2018||Download|
|April 2019 Plasma.pdf||01st May 2019||Download|
|March 2019.pdf||08th Mar 2019||Download|
|Caterlink Events Calendar 2017-18||25th Sep 2017||Download|
|Caterlink February 2019 Marketing Information||01st Feb 2019||Download|
|Parent Marketing bulletin March School 2019.pdf||08th Mar 2019||Download|
|Parent Marketing bulletin may 2019 school.pdf||01st May 2019||Download|
|April Marketing Bulletin Schools pdf 2019.pdf||01st May 2019||Download|
|Spring 2019 Caterlink Menu.pdf||12th Dec 2018||Download|
|December 2018 Tips and Info.pdf||12th Dec 2018||Download|
|Spring 2019 Caterlink Menu.pptx||12th Dec 2018||Download|
|Caterlink December Marketing Bulletin.pdf||12th Dec 2018||Download|
|Christmas Lunch 18 Dec 2018.pdf||12th Dec 2018||Download|
|Parent Marketing bulletin June 19.pdf||04th Jun 2019||Download|