Friends of Broadwater PTA
Registered Charity Number: 1162453
Contact Us: Email email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter: FriendsofBWS
Like us on Facebook: Friends of Broadwater School
Next Meeting: To be confirmed
Latest News: May 2018
We are looking for a new Treasurer, Co Chair, Social Media Coordinator and Secretary so if you feel you would like to help out in any of these roles or share them to learn the ropes before our current stars leave we would be so grateful. We are a nice bunch of friendly faces trying to help fundraise for our children’s school. They have a big wish list of items they would like, and without your help we cannot provide them. It would be lovely to have some more new parents on our team. Please contact us, we'd love to hear from you.
Please Help Advertise the 2018 Open Evening
Broadwater School's Open Evening takes place on Wednesday, 3rd October. To publicise the event and boost funds, we're working with Belvoir Estate Agents again this year, but we need your help.
We need families willing to display a Broadwater School Open Evening advertising board on their property (any GU1 to GU8 postcode). Whether you live on a main road, or in a cul-de-sac, we'd really appreciate you taking part!
Belvoir will produce the boards, organise for them to be erected, and removed – you won’t need to do a thing. The boards will be put up about 2 weeks before Open Evening and taken down ASAP after the event. It’s that simple!
Up to 75 families can sign up to help. If all 75 boards are erected, Belvoir will donate £825 to the Friends/PTA. The money raised will be used to buy much needed items that will benefit the students.
Anyone (parents/staff, friends, relations & neighbours) with a GU1 to GU8 postcode can have a board, provided they sign a consent form.
If you can support the school in this way, please complete and sign the consent form (also available from the school) and return it to School Reception/Student Services as soon as possible. You can also scan it and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support.
Co-op Local Community Fund - Please support us!
We have been been selected to receive funding from the Co-op Local Community Fund through 27 October 2018! We're raising funds to purchase and install good quality, outdoor table tennis tables for student use during the day and community use outside of school hours (see our poster for more details). The more support we get, the more funding we could receive and the more great things we can help make happen at our school.
Please help us raise funds to provide this resource for our school & community:
- If you’re not already a Co-op member, please sign up at: https://www.coop.co.uk/membership
- Co-op members can support us by selecting ‘The Friends of Broadwater School’ via our cause page: https://membership.coop.co.uk/causes/13714
Please remember when you sign up for your Co-op card which immediately gives you discounts and special offers that you MUST allocate Broadwater as your chosen charity. Otherwise any money raised will be split equally between us and King’s College in Guildford. Your children are allowed to use your card when buying their snacks. Every penny helps towards providing the table tennis tables that our children would like.
Textile Recycling Fundraiser July 2018
Please bring bags of donations into school from Monday 9th July to Friday 20th July.
Many thanks for your support!
Quiz Night March 2018
Well what a great night that was! Thank you all so much for coming even if you did have us all frantically worrying that we would have enough of a turn out until almost the last minute. Thanks to you we raised over £750 towards wish list items for our children.
Second Hand Uniform
We have lots of fantastic quality items available, especially boys trousers, but plenty of PE kit, shirts, skirts etc. too. Please hand any donations to reception of good quality items you have finished with as all proceeds help our school funds
Raise money when you Shop Online (eBay, Amazon, Sainsburys, etc). If you order from eBay, Amazon, book travel or simply do your weekly supermarket shop online, the retailer will make a donation to our school, at no additional cost to you, if you make your purchase via Easyfundraising. It doesn't cost you a penny extra!
Our supporters raise between £50 -£100 per quarter via Easyfundraising. Please join us before you make your next online purchase (via mobile or computer) or book your next flight, train ticket or hotel! All you need to do is register and then shop via Easyfundraising. Use the link below & choose Broadwater School, Godalming as your ‘cause'
If you’re a UK taxpayer, please register for Gift Aid when you sign up so that your support raises even more money for our school. Please ask your friends and family to register to support us too!
We are always grateful for any donations as prizes as we can store them in our cupboard for future events. If you happen to be a Hairdresser, Pilates Instructor, Reflexologist or such like, a treatment voucher is always a great prize and might bring you new clients too! Many thanks.
We still have a few donated prom dresses for sale - proceeds will go to the Friends. If your daughter is keen to try one on please contact Carol Foussat - 07812 164114 or email@example.com
School Wish List 2016-17
Thanks to your ongoing support we’ve been able to purchase ALL the items on this year's School’s Wish List:
- Football & 3 Netball Kits for School Teams (£700) – PE Dept.: Ensuring our students look smart when representing their school team;
- Yoga Classes Y10/11 (£336) – PE Dept.: Providing an opportunity to experience a life-long fitness option and relieve revision/exam stress;
- Hairy Phonics & Nessy Fingers Software (£300) – SEN Dept: To reinforce phonics and help students who struggle with handwriting;
- 3D Pens (£300) – Art Dept: To provide students with an additional, exciting medium for use in coursework;
- Eikon Summer Residential Contribution (£300) – Helping to subsidise 6 vulnerable Broadwater students to ensure they can attend an Eikon Summer Residential;
- Tents for Duke of Edinburgh Award Expeditions (£240) – Ensuring the DofE Award experience is accessible to every student who wishes to participate;
- ClickBind Binding Machine and Supplies (£200) – Graphics Dept: To enable students to create their own sketchbooks;
School Wish List 2015-16
School Wish List 2015-16
Your support throughout has funded ALL the items on the School’s 2015-2016 Wish List
- Visual PC/How a Computer Works Software (£400) – Computing Dept: Virtual reality simulations & visual demonstrations of computing concepts/components;
- Read/Write Gold Software (£320) – SEN Dept: Greater student independence (e.g., can read a printed document independently via software & headphones);
- GoPro Hero 4 + accessories (£295) – Whole School: For use on school trips/activities (ski trip, water-sports, PE, DofE etc);
- A3 Printer/Scanner plus supplies (£250) – Art Dept: Enables students to enhance their artwork;
- Proactinium Generator (£240) - Science Dept: Will be used to demonstrate the half-life of radioactive materials;
- Bookcase (£250) – Library/English Dept: To encourage reading and promote literacy with an attractive display;
- Sheet Metal Machine (£220) – Art & Design: Enables students to experience a wider range of metal processes;
School Wish List 2014-15
Items funded on the school's 2014-2015 wish list. Thanks everyone!
The Friends of Broadwater School ...would like to welcome you to the school and take this opportunity to give you a little bit of information about us. We operate under the PTA-UK (Nov 11) model constitution, which was adopted at the September 2014 AGM.
As the school’s Parent Teacher Association the Friends of Broadwater aim to :
- build a strong school community by bringing together parents and carers of students at the school, teaching and non-teaching staff and 'friends' associated with the school
- develop strong local community links with local business & services such as GOLO (Godalming Lottery) as well as local junior schools &our partner sixth form Godalming College
- undertake fundraising activities to help provide additional resources to support the school and the students
- provide a service to the school on behalf of the parent body to give an opportunity for everyone to work towards a common goal, find out how the school works and help improve the way we work together.
All staff, parents and friends of students at the school are automatically members of the Friends.