Friends of Broadwater PTA
Registered Charity Number: 1162453
Contact Us: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter: FriendsofBWS
Like us on Facebook: Friends of Broadwater School
Next Meeting: Tuesday 2nd May 7-8pm
Latest News: Newsletter March 2017
Friends Social Gathering: Thursday 8th June (from 7:30pm on-wards) at The Jack Phillips, Wetherspoons, High Street, Godalming
Please join us for our last social of this academic year. All welcome, come along, grab a drink and enjoy a relaxed evening out. It is a great opportunity to get to know some other parents. It's very informal and there's no agenda nor action items. Don't worry if you can't be there at 7:30pm, just come along when you can. We'll be there until at least 9pm. Email email@example.com or leave your name and mobile number with Reception, if you'd like to come along. That way we can let you know where to find us. We hope you'll join us.
Textile Recycling Event: Monday 10th July - Thursday 20th July
Please clear out your cupboards and bring bags of unwanted clothing and textiles (clothes, shoes, hats, bags, belts, bedding, towels, curtains, ex-uniform) to school. See flyer for a more detailed list of items to donate. Bags can also be dropped off at the Wizard of Oz Summer production (Weds-Fri 12-14th July) and at the Summer Concert/Presentation Evening on Tuesday 18th July.
Do you have any new or as-new items for the textile collection? Please place these in a separate bag marked ‘Friends Sale’ and we’ll try to sell any good quality items we receive. Items we’re unable to sell will be added to a subsequent textile collection.
Open Evening Boards
Thanks to the 50 families who signed up to help publicise the school's recent Open Evening and boost funds, by displaying a Broadwater School Open Evening advertising board on their property. We really appreciate your support which raised £600. Many thanks to our sponsor: Belvoir Estate Agents, Guildford.
Quiz Night 2017 Review
Thank you to everyone who contributed to its success. Your incredible generosity and support resulted in £718 being raised for our school (£203 was raised just from the raffle!). We hope that all who attended, enjoyed the evening and that even more of you can join us for next year's event on Friday 23rd March 2018.
Please join us – it's free & easy! Raise money for our school (at no cost to you!) whenever you shop online.
Use the link below & choose Broadwater School, Godalming as your 'good cause'.
Thanks to all those who support our school via Easyfundraising we're on target to raise over £50 this quarter!
How can you help....
You are welcome to join us at the Friends committee meetings to put ideas together as to how we can fundraise for the school as well as helping to support and develop plans for the school from the teaching staff. These meetings are fairly informal and are normally held half-termly at 7pm for about an hour.
We currently have the following elected officer members:
- Chairman - Moira West-Brown
- Treasurer - Estelle Spencer
- Secretary - Nicki Bartlett
If you are unable to make these committee meetings but could help at events please email your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put your name on our volunteer helper list.
We would be delighted if you would like to get involved and offer to help in whatever way you can with whatever time you have available.
School Wish List
School Wish List 2015-16
Your support throughout has funded ALL the items on the School’s 2015-2016 Wish List
- Visual PC/How a Computer Works Software (£400) – Computing Dept: Virtual reality simulations & visual demonstrations of computing concepts/components;
- Read/Write Gold Software (£320) – SEN Dept: Greater student independence (e.g., can read a printed document independently via software & headphones);
- GoPro Hero 4 + accessories (£295) – Whole School: For use on school trips/activities (ski trip, water-sports, PE, DofE etc);
- A3 Printer/Scanner plus supplies (£250) – Art Dept: Enables students to enhance their artwork;
- Proactinium Generator (£240) - Science Dept: Will be used to demonstrate the half-life of radioactive materials;
- Bookcase (£250) – Library/English Dept: To encourage reading and promote literacy with an attractive display;
- Sheet Metal Machine (£220) – Art & Design: Enables students to experience a wider range of metal processes;
School Wish List 2014-15
Items funded on the school's 2014-2015 wish list. Thanks everyone!
The Friends of Broadwater School ...would like to welcome you to the school and take this opportunity to give you a little bit of information about us. We operate under the PTA-UK (Nov 11) model constitution, which was adopted at the September 2014 AGM.
As the school’s Parent Teacher Association the Friends of Broadwater aim to :
- build a strong school community by bringing together parents and carers of students at the school, teaching and non-teaching staff and 'friends' associated with the school
- develop strong local community links with local business & services such as GOLO (Godalming Lottery) as well as local junior schools &our partner sixth form Godalming College
- undertake fundraising activities to help provide additional resources to support the school and the students
- provide a service to the school on behalf of the parent body to give an opportunity for everyone to work towards a common goal, find out how the school works and help improve the way we work together.
All staff, parents and friends of students at the school are automatically members of the Friends.