The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Broadwater School, situated between Godalming and Guildford in Surrey is a co-educational comprehensive school for students aged 11 – 16. Its modern and well-equipped school buildings are situated in spacious grounds with extensive sports facilities. The mainline station of Farncombe is 10 minutes’ walk from the school and is on the main Waterloo to Portsmouth line.
At Broadwater School we strive for excellence in every aspect of our work. The idea contained in our school motto ‘By Increments Conquer’ sets out that students can achieve by breaking challenging tasks into more manageable components. High expectations of our students, our staff and our relationships ensure that we are all able to achieve personal, social and academic success.
The school has developed a climate for learning and a sense of community in a friendly, encouraging and positive environment. Our school is committed to its staff and has a strong professional development programme.
P4C is an approach to teaching and learning that highly challenges both students and teachers to think and question more deeply. At Broadwater we have embraced the 4Cs (Collaborative, Critical, Creative and Caring thinking) and place them at the heart of everything we do. Broadwater was the second secondary school nationally to achieve a Gold Award from Sapere for our commitment and achievement in P4C and is a Lead P4C School.
Our Vision Statement:
- To deliver a holistic curriculum centred around Critical, Caring, Creative and Collaborative thinking (4Cs).
- To support every child to make exceptional progress.
- To create a highly motivated, ambitious and thoughtful community.
Inspection dates: 15–16 October 2019. Overall effectiveness - Good.
The quality of education Good; Behaviour and attitudes Good; Personal development Outstanding; Leadership and management Good Overall effectiveness at previous inspection Good. Click HERE to see the latest report.
Broadwater School is an equal opportunities employer.
Please contact Mrs Karen Carling for further details on any vacancies.
Phone: 01483 520634
Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) / Right to Work in the UK – Information for Applicants
If you are offered employment at Broadwater School, it is a condition of appointment that you obtain an Enhanced DBS check and also confirm that you have the right to work in the UK. Both these checks will be undertaken by the school as soon as possible after the offer of employment has been made and you would be required to provide certain information and identity documentation in support of this. Please see further details below.
MIDDAY LUNCH TIME SUPERVISOR
Salary grade: PS5 Actual Salary £2,506-£2,816
(Full-Time Equivalent £21,169-£23,367 depending on experience)
Hours per week: (up to) 5
Weeks per year: 39 (term time only)
Required to supervise students during lunchtime break. Sixty minutes daily (12.05pm-01.05pm). Monday to Friday, term time only.
This post could be shared between two people and we would be pleased to receive applications from anyone interested in working 2, 3 or 5 days per week.
- Both halves of lunchtime to supervise in 2 playground areas (rota)– to ensure that students behave sensibly and are following the school Behaviour Policy.
- Ensuring students are in the correct designated area and not out of bounds
- Reporting any safeguarding concerns via DSL/CPOMS (training provided)
- Ensure Prefects on duty are patrolling and engaging with students.
- When in the upper playground, monitor the use of the astro turf making sure students are abiding to the school policy and astro turf rules
- Compliance with all Health and Safety procedures, taking reasonable care for personal health and safety and the safety of others.
- Ensuring all litter is being disposed of correctly by students.
- When required, assist students in the bistro
- Feedback and record any issues at the end of each lunch break to the Cover Manager/Student Services.
- In the event of a wet lunchtime break – supervising in the Sports Hall/Main Hall (rota) with another member of staff.
We can offer:
- free Gym membership and Pilates classes
Closing Date: Friday 6th December 12:00 noon. Please complete the Support Staff Application (below) and return together with covering letter to Karen Carling, email@example.com. Person Specification also below in the "Page Downloads" section
Salary: £10 per hour
Hours: Working hours will be variable depending on examination requirements, but will normally be between 8:30am and 3:00pm.
Broadwater School are seeking Exam Invigilators and Scribers for Exams starting in November, February and May 2019
The Invigilator’s Role
An invigilator is the person in the examination room responsible for conducting the exam. They have "a key role in upholding the integrity of the external examination/assessment process".
- Ensure all candidates have an equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities
- Ensure the security of the examination beforehand, during and afterwards
- Prevent possible candidate malpractice
- Prevent possible administrative failures
Invigilators must be familiar with the instructions outlined by the examining board. They must give their full attention to conducting the exam properly and inform the head of the centre if they have any concerns about the exam process.
Students who require additional support on a one-to-one basis may need to sit their exam separately to other students. The role of invigilator can be combined with the role of prompter, reader and/or scribe. Where a candidate is accommodated separately, an independent invigilator is needed if the student requires:
- An oral language modifier
- A practical assistant
- A reader/computer reader
- Scribe/speech recognition technology
These positions offer flexibility through the exam period and is a fantastic way to gain experience in schools.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, have reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
To apply, please complete and return a Support Staff application with covering letter to Mrs Karen Carling, firstname.lastname@example.org. For job description and person specification, please see the "Page Downloads" section below.
Train to Teach Opportunities
|Lunchtime Supervisor Person Spec||25th Nov 2019||Download|
|Exam Invigilator job description Sept 20...||25th Nov 2019||Download|
|Exam Invigilator Person Spec||25th Nov 2019||Download|
|Vacancies - General Documents||Date|
|Application Form Teaching Staff (Word)||26th Jan 2018||Download|
|Application Form Teaching Staff (PDF)||26th Jan 2018||Download|
|Recruitment Selection Policy||20th Jul 2016||Download|
|DBS Identity Checks Information||16th Sep 2015||Download|
|Recruitment Selection Policy 2017.pdf||17th Jul 2017||Download|
|Diversity and Equality Policy June 17.pdf||17th Jul 2017||Download|
|Application Form Support Staff 2018 (Word)||21st Nov 2018||Download|