The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Broadwater School, situated between Godalming and Guildford in Surrey is a co-educational comprehensive school for students aged 11 – 16. Its modern and well-equipped school buildings are situated in spacious grounds with extensive sports facilities. The mainline station of Farncombe is 10 minutes’ walk from the school and is on the main Waterloo to Portsmouth line.
At Broadwater School we strive for excellence in every aspect of our work. The idea contained in our school motto ‘By Increments Conquer’ sets out that students can achieve by breaking challenging tasks into more manageable components. High expectations of our students, our staff and our relationships ensure that we are all able to achieve personal, social and academic success.
The school has developed a climate for learning and a sense of community in a friendly, encouraging and positive environment. Our school is committed to its staff and has a strong professional development programme.
P4C is an approach to teaching and learning that highly challenges both students and teachers to think and question more deeply. At Broadwater we have embraced the 4Cs (Collaborative, Critical, Creative and Caring thinking) and place them at the heart of everything we do. Broadwater was the second secondary school nationally to achieve a Gold Award from Sapere for our commitment and achievement in P4C and is a Lead P4C School.
Our Vision Statement:
- To deliver a holistic curriculum centred around Critical, Caring, Creative and Collaborative thinking (4Cs).
- To support every child to make exceptional progress.
- To create a highly motivated, ambitious and thoughtful community.
Inspection dates: 15–16 October 2019. Overall effectiveness - Good.
The quality of education Good; Behaviour and attitudes Good; Personal development Outstanding; Leadership and management Good Overall effectiveness at previous inspection Good. Click HERE to see the latest report.
Broadwater School is an equal opportunities employer.
Please contact Mrs Karen Carling for further details on any vacancies.
Phone: 01483 520634
Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) / Right to Work in the UK – Information for Applicants
If you are offered employment at Broadwater School, it is a condition of appointment that you obtain an Enhanced DBS check and also confirm that you have the right to work in the UK. Both these checks will be undertaken by the school as soon as possible after the offer of employment has been made and you would be required to provide certain information and identity documentation in support of this. Please see further details below.
TEACHER OF ENGLISH - TMS /UPS (dependent upon experience)
"One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world” – I am Malala
Are you an ambitious, committed teacher who has the ability to inspire students to high levels of achievement and can teach English across the ability range in KS3/KS4?
Do you have a passion for teaching and a desire to empower children to exceed expectations? Want to work with a dynamic team of people in a department recognised by OFSTED as ‘outstanding’, who achieved record results in 2019. Want to work in a growing school committed to providing a good work-life balance, with an emphasis on staff well-being and opportunities for career development and leadership?
We would welcome applicants who:
• Are engaging and enthusiastic
• Are an outstanding teacher of English across the ability range
• Have excellent subject knowledge
• Ambitious for their students and themselves
We can offer:
• Highly supportive SLT and wider staff team
• cross curricular opportunities
• excellent CPD opportunities
• 90% of all staff have a whole school responsibility
• free Gym membership and Pilates classes
The school is currently in the process of converting to become an academy and will join the Greenshaw Learning Trust in Summer 2020.
Please see supporting documents below for more information about this role or to download a Teaching Staff application. Please note that your first referee must be your current employer (the Headteacher if you are currently working for a school) and references are taken prior to interview. For any concerns surrounding references or for further details about the role, please contact K.Carling3@Broadwater.surrey.sch.uk. Application and covering letter should be sent to Mrs Karen Carling, HR Officer - K.Carling3@Broadwater.surrey.sch.uk.
Closing date: Friday 28th February, Interviews Thursday 5th March. Start date will be September 2020.
MIDDAY LUNCH TIME SUPERVISOR
Salary grade: PS5 Actual Salary £2,506-£2,816
(Full-Time Equivalent £21,169-£23,367 depending on experience)
Hours per week: (up to) 5
Weeks per year: 39 (term time only)
Required to supervise students during lunchtime break. Sixty minutes daily (12.05pm-01.05pm). Monday to Friday, term time only.
This post could be shared between two people and we would be pleased to receive applications from anyone interested in working 2, 3 or 5 days per week.
- Both halves of lunchtime to supervise in 2 playground areas (rota)– to ensure that students behave sensibly and are following the school Behaviour Policy.
- Ensuring students are in the correct designated area and not out of bounds
- Reporting any safeguarding concerns via DSL/CPOMS (training provided)
- Ensure Prefects on duty are patrolling and engaging with students.
- When in the upper playground, monitor the use of the astro turf making sure students are abiding to the school policy and astro turf rules
- Compliance with all Health and Safety procedures, taking reasonable care for personal health and safety and the safety of others.
- Ensuring all litter is being disposed of correctly by students.
- When required, assist students in the bistro
- Feedback and record any issues at the end of each lunch break to the Cover Manager/Student Services.
- In the event of a wet lunchtime break – supervising in the Sports Hall/Main Hall (rota) with another member of staff.
We can offer:
- free Gym membership and Pilates classes
Please complete the Support Staff Application (below) and return together with covering letter to Karen Carling, email@example.com. Person Specification also below in the "Page Downloads" section
Day Janitor (employer: KGB Cleaning South West Ltd)
KGB Cleaning are looking for Day Janitors to work at Broadwater School, term-time only. The below listed hours could be suitable for one full-time person or 2 part-time people.
Rate of pay: £9 per hour
Hours of work:
10:30 am - 2:00 pm term time only - and/or-
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm term time only
General responsibilities include:
- Servicing washrooms
- Maintaining communal areas
- Responding to general cleaning requests from Broadwater School Staff
The ideal candidate will be proactive with a can do attitude and have good people/ communication skills.
Experience preferred although not essential.
Satisfactory DBS required
Please email Mr Rui Tavares, KGB Area Manager directly on firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and covering letter detailing which of the above listed hours of work would best suit you.
Train to Teach Opportunities
|Lunchtime Supervisor Person Spec||25th Nov 2019||Download|
|English Job Spec and Department Details...||31st Jan 2020||Download|
|Vacancies - General Documents||Date|
|Application Form Teaching Staff (Word)||26th Jan 2018||Download|
|Application Form Teaching Staff (PDF)||26th Jan 2018||Download|
|Recruitment Selection Policy||20th Jul 2016||Download|
|DBS Identity Checks Information||16th Sep 2015||Download|
|Recruitment Selection Policy 2017.pdf||17th Jul 2017||Download|
|Diversity and Equality Policy June 17.pdf||17th Jul 2017||Download|
|Application Form Support Staff 2018 (Word)||21st Nov 2018||Download|